Fender Japan Mustang MG-66 Kurt Cobain Nirvana N Serial 1996
Here we have a wonderful modified Fender Japan MG-66 Mustang. This is not a Kurt signature but its had all the correct modifications. It's a N Serial (1996) which is is the year that production changed from Fujigen to Gakki. Some Serials show 'Made in Japan', some 'Crafted in Japan'. This is a CIJ guitar. It's had the following mods:
- Front pickup: Replace with Duncan APS-2 Alnico II Pro + attach a new Fender Japan pickup cover.
- Rear pickup: Replaced with Duncan TB-6 Distortion Trembucker.
- Volume, tone knob: Replaced with CTS A500k.
- Jack: Replaced with Switchcraft MONO JACK.
- Capacitor: Replaced with Orange Drop 0.022μF.
- Pickup selector switch: Replaced with a new part from Fender Japan.
- Pickup rewiring. The selector switches for each pickup are as follows.
・ Front pickup switch: neck side → normal phase, center → OFF, bridge side → reverse phase
・ Rear pickup switch: neck side → hum, center → tap single (use the bridge side of the two rows), bridge side → OFF
- Replaced TOM bridge with KTS-PR-01.
We have given this a full pro setup and it absolutely sings. The neck is dead straight and truss rod is working fine. The radius is 7.25" and a is a thin C so perfect for players you like a thinner neck. The frets have been levelled, dressed and polished. The electrics have been carefully checked and lubricated. This is ready to go!
Comes with a gig bag